Monday, March 30, 2009

Those dang parties where you have to buy something.



I always get suckered into going to these parties. Premier jewelry....Mary kay.....Pampered chef. And, I always end up buying something because I feel that I have to. Then, they try and sucker you into hosting your own party. I was strong this time and walked away before she could ask me. Ha!

My sister hosted a pampered chef party this weekend that I was obligated to attend. She told me prior to the party that we'd be having mexican lasagna and some fruit cookie concoction for dessert. She neglected to tell me that the lady would be preparing it during the party and it wouldn't be ready until the end. I went on a 23 mile bike ride that morning and didn't eat before the party. I was STARVING. I had to stuff myself with carrots/dip and champagne punch until the food was ready.

Before you ask, yes, I bought something. Told you, I'm a sucker.


She made the lasagna in this pan. It comes with a book with all these recipes that you can make. The lasagna was super yummy, so, I bought the dang dish.
I liked this contraption. It's called a hold'n slice....kind of self explanatory. Um, you stab an onion with it and then slice it. That way your hands don't get all smelly.


I didn't buy these because I already have them. I LOVE them. It scrapes all the food and yuck off plates and pots. I get annoyed when I'm somewhere and they aren't there by the sink for me to use.

Now you know all about Pampered Chef so you don't need to attend one. Be strong people!!!

3 comments:

The Yates Family said...

I make it a point not to attend those parties for this very reason. Can't I just look at the catalog online?

elizabeth said...

Hmmm...so you're making lasagna sometime soon?? :)

RobinBrant said...

You know I hate Pampered Chef. I have turned down many an offer to attend these parties. It's just over-priced, cheap-o versions of the same stuff you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. No thanks.