Monday, March 2, 2009

Anniversary Game!


It's our anniversary! Julie, Elizabeth and I have been attending one Mavs game every year since 2003. Most know the story, but, I'll give a refresher. We all worked together at THO and Elizabeth also worked on the stat crew at home games. She got Julie and me seats for the Mavs/Celtics game that year and we decided to go out after the game. Well, chaos reigned that night. There was me, running into people that I went to high school with (typical), Elizabeth, having to catch up to our drunkenness after the game so she overdid it, and Julie, trying to get Elizabeth to throw up outside her car and not in it. We had so much fun that we decided to make it an annual thing. We didn't let Elizabeth's moving to Boston last year stop us, either. We flew up there to keep the anniversary alive. That's us above at the game last year. I didn't like the picture of the three of us from my camera this year so you don't get to see it. :)


This year, we decided to attend the Mavs/Thunder game. Honestly, I had never heard of Oklahoma City Thunder. Who the heck were they? We also didn't let Julie's bronchitis slow us down, either. She got some drugs from the doctor and off we went. We had awesome seats in a suite this year! We felt so special. Thanks Gina!






After the game, Julie and I waited for Elizabeth at The Old No. 7 and witnessed some crazy people. There was the old man that kept making eyes at Julie. He wanted to dance sensually with her. There was also the weird guy that tried to put Julie's boot up his booty and also tried to put my purse down his pants. Ew.

There was also this girl in the pic below. Ladies, always pay attention to your booty or someone is going to get this picture:


After Elizabeth joined us, we went across the street to Boardroom for gossip and beer. We ended up back at Elizabeth's around 2am and were welcomed home with Doritos and Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream (also another tradition that started last year). After watching SNL Top 10 digital shorts until 3:30am, we ended our night.


Robin and Gina came over in the morning for gossip and breakfast. Elizabeth made us a delicious spread of her special homemade casserole and cinnamon roll-ups. It was delicious!

I can't wait until next year's game, ladies!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

1) Seriously, has anyone not heard the story of the first game?? :)
2) How did the game go into OT with a team from OKC? Really?
3) I wish I could have personally witnessed all the craziness at the Old No. 7. It is always a mix of the weirdest people in all of Dallas. Kind of something you'd expect after a Dallas Sidekicks game. (shout out, Lyds!)
4) Not sure if you went to a Mexico-themed drug-bust bar, but we went to the Boardroom.
5) I can't WAIT for next year, either!!!!

Jennifer said...

Was I drinking tequila? Where did I get Bordertown??? It's been fixed now.

Lydia said...

If only I could have read the post when it said "Bordertown"! Dang! Next time you are in Old No.7, be sure and head to the corner to the right. Free beer and wine in that corner. Elizabeth should know that. I really don't know what she was thinking.

Lydia said...

I mean the left hand corner. Unless I don't know you - then it is the right corner!