Monday, August 17, 2009

New Diet Alert!

I have a great new diet for everyone. You get to eat food like mashed potatoes and ice cream! What kind of diet lets you eat carbs and dairy, you ask? It's the removal of wisdom teeth diet!!!

I had three wisdom teeth removed on Friday morning. Before you ask, I only had three so I didn't just leave one in there for kicks. I had a lovely IV so I have no recollection of the removal and woke up about five minutes after they were finished. Luckily, I was coherent enough so I didn't say or do anything embarrassing (that I'm aware of). Tom was probably annoyed at my chattiness on the drive home, but, too bad. I was feeling no pain!

My weekend consisted of eating mashed potatoes, ice cream, and a little scrambled eggs. I even had a piece of bacon on Saturday morning...chewed very slowly. The pain was minimal and I even ventured out on Sunday to see a movie with Megan. We saw "Paper Heart" at the Magnolia....cute, but odd. Other than that, it was a low key weekend for me. Just taking meds throughout the day and night. Who knew that you took steroids and antibiotics when you have teeth pulled? Not me. Apparently, it's to beef up that immune system. But, a side effect - makes you lose your voice. I sound all "Stevie Nicks" right now.




Right after I got home from the oral surgeon's office.




Later that afternoon...nice swollen cheek.


I cracked up at myself in this get-up. It's an ice pack that you are supposed to wear for the first 24 hours.



1 comment:

Megan said...

That last pic is my favorite. I had mine out in high school and looke like a chipmunk. You actually looked quite good. I also wasn't sure how to describe paper heart to people...good but odd is perfect. I still can't figure out if it's a true story, or just a story?