Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cool, Cool Air!

First off, thank you to everyone who have sent emails, posted comments, or called about Boo's passing. I enjoyed reading your comments and remembering her silliness. She was a loved member of my family and still missed daily.

Back to my previous blog about homeownership.

I have a brand spanking new air conditioner!! It's so pretty!!! I think there is something wrong with me. Getting excited about cold air. But, try going without it for five days and see how you feel. I had to abandon my house after the first night of no a/c. But, I'm back and it is fabulous.

I can now tell you all about air conditioners and the many parts. Tonage
, SEER, variable vs non-variable speed, or straight a/c versus heat pump. I have this information all in my head now. I better not have to ever use it again.



The new compressor unit outside. Funny thing about it, the unit inside is really only have two feet tall, but, the case is about four feet tall. It's monstrous.




The air-handler. Don't have much to say about this, except that it is now cold!! Yay!





My fancy new thermostat. I can now set it on 76 and it is still cold in the house. I initially set it to 73-74 degrees, thinking it was the same as my old unit. No No! It's cold enough at 76. Wow, I had no idea.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome! I know the meat locker temps you like to have it at while you sleep, so I can inly imagine the nightmare it was.