Friday, May 28, 2010

What a letdown!

Some peeps at work at I were discussing walking to school when we were younger. I told my story about walking to school when I was in junior high and living in Michigan. I remembered that it was so freaking cold in the winter that we'd stop at friends' houses along the way to warm up (or to eat breakfast/afternoon snack). In my head, it was miles and miles.

So, I decided to look it up and see how far it really was.....here is the letdown. From our house to the junior high = one mile. AND google wouldn't let me put the route that I took because the roads have changed and those roads don't exist so it took me a longer route for that one mile...which means that it really was less than one mile. What? I thought I was awesome for walking all that way for years and now to find out it was less than a mile? Darn.

No comments: