Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Which is more embarrassing?

While in high school, falling down the stairs in church right before the service starts?

OR

Busting ass in the grocery store?

I have now done both.

During high school, my best friend and I were in the balcony of the church catching up with friends (i.e. gossiping). We normally sat in the middle section towards the front with all the high school peeps. We weren't paying attention until the music started playing telling the crowd that the service was about to begin. We hustled over to the stairs to get to our seats. The sanctuary has two set of stairs on each side so you are in the same room the entire time. Well, my feet got to moving faster than the rest of me and down I went. I didn't just hit and stop...no, I continued bumping down eight or nine more stairs. Luckily, I stopped before hitting bottom so nobody could actually see me. However, my friend was laughing so hard that everyone in the sanctuary looked at her. We were attached at the hip so they all knew it was me that had fallen. I had to gather my dress and pull it back down, hop up and went right out the side door. We eventually made it back to our seats, but, the damage was done. After the sermon, about 20 people came up to ask me if I was okay.

Now, to yesterday. We were grilling steaks and making baked potatoes for dinner. I forgot to pick up cheese at the store and didn't realize we only had a little tablespoon of sour cream left so I had to make a quick dash to the store. After I paid for my goodies, I was walking quickly and didn't see the liquid all over the floor. One leg went one way...the other crumbled beneath me. Down I went. Luckily my bag didn't go flying too. The checker rushed over to me and was like, "Oh, my goodness. Are you okay?" I was so embarrassed that I just said, "There is water all over the floor here, people. I'm fine." I proceeded to get up off the floor and walk even faster out of the store. Tom, of course, laughed when I told him the story. I now hate him.

So, which one is more embarrassing?

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Oh my...laughing out loud reading this! Hmmm...I'd say that falling in high school is more embarassing b/c everything is embarassing then! But falling in the grocery store is close. :)

RobinBrant said...

As someone who falls down on a regular basis, I would definitely say the church one was more embarassing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh! I have to vote for the church incident.

Unknown said...

I vote for the church incident too. They both made me laugh though...especially since I have done similar things!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! I have to vote for the church since you were in high school and in front of people who knew you.

Racheal