Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vegas Baby!

Jetted to Vegas with my friend Marly for a few days. It was a girls' weekend of shopping, pool time, tasty beverages and gambling. I'd love to tell you everything we did, but, I have to abide by the Vegas rules. But, I will tell you that we had a blast and I am an awesome wingman.

Below are a few photos:




We stayed at New York, New York. Never stayed there before and I'd recommend it. The rooms were clean and the food was pretty good. However, the pool only gets direct sunlight for about three hours. That was probably good for me as I fry in the sun too long and don't know how to put sunscreen on appropriately.

We ended up going to Shadow Bar at Caesar's one night and discovered awesome cosmos. What was not awesome...the drinks were $15.50 apiece. Holy Moly!!



Marly, enjoying the cosmo....



My face after we received our bill for $31.00 for the two drinks.



Outside the Bellagio. We had to stop and rest our feet. It's so easy to forget how far the hotels really are from each other.





On the Vegas Strip....after a few beverages.


One funny story that I will share: We went to Margaritaville for drinks and dinner one night. We decided to eat/drink at the bar since the restaurant was pretty crowded. Marly ordered a margarita that was way too strong (according to her). She stopped the bartender and said, "I know you'll think badly of me, but, I cannot drink this. It's way too strong." Without missing a beat, the bartender responded with "Quit being a vagina and drink it" and kept walking. We were speechless for a split second and then almost fell out of our chairs because we were laughing so hard.





3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm dying at the bartender comment...oh my awesomeness.

elizabeth said...

So you remember Margaritaville this time?? :) Sounds like a great trip!!

RobinBrant said...

That bartender's comment is too funny. I will have to remember that.