Tuesday, September 8, 2009



My Granny turned 100 years old this past Sunday. How crazy is that? She is still a rockin' old lady, though. The entire family went up to Denton for lasagna, salad, and birthday cake. I picked up the cake from Costco. Ever had one? If not, you are missing out! Deliciousness!! I am VERY picky about my cakes and usually do not like filling. It always seem to make the cake part mushy. However, Costco makes a white cake with vanilla cheesecake filling. Yum.

Last year, my mom got one of those birthday cards that sing when you open them and Granny loved it. She still has it and opens it whenever we come over. Without even discussing it, we all got her that type of card. She now has four cards that sing a little song when she opens them. She just starts laughing and always seems surprised when it does it. It's pretty cute.



Here is the yummy cake!




Colin - waiting patiently for his Great-Granny to ask him to help her blow out the candles.





He got most of them, but, my brother had to help out on the other side of the cake.



Happy 100th Birthday to my Granny!

1 comment:

RobinBrant said...

She looks fantastic! I hope you look 1/2 that good when you're 100 :P