Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've waited years for this!


Yay! I finally got to see New Kids On The Block again! I am completely aging myself by writing this, but, it's been 20 years since I first saw NKOTB. They were my very first concert. My sister and a friend of hers drove my best friend and I down to Indianapolis for the concert. Oh, the memories. I loved Joey McIntyre....I may have even written "Mrs. Jennifer McIntyre" in my notebook over and over again. Others will say that they were meant to be with Joey, but, he was MINE.


The concert was as fantastic as I remember from 1988. They sang their old songs exactly the same way (directly to me, of course). They did add a little crotch-grabbing to be able to keep up with the times. And, some crazy lady threw her bra on-stage. Before you ask, no, it was not me. I went to see Justin Timberlake a year ago and this concert put his to shame. I have never seen so many late-20 to early 30-somethings going crazy like that. We had no shame. There was yelling and belting out the words like we were on stage with the boys.


Can you spot the lone male in this picture? Everyone else....female.




Sweet Jordan can still hit those high notes.




Have to save this picture for last. Oh, Joey.

1 comment:

RobinBrant said...

Seriously, the crotch-grabbing Joey picture is an instant classic.