Friday, November 5, 2010

Longest Tri Yet!

Tom and I participated in the Toyota US Open Triathlon in October. Yes, we're morons. I'm just resigned to the fact that I have to do these silly things now. It was held in Rockwall at Lake Ray Hubbard (I think...I get that lake and Ray Roberts confused). Anyway, it was an 800 meter swim in open water (gross), 12 mile bike ride through Rockwall and a 3 mile run. Nobody told me how hilly Rockwall is! Dang!!!

Also, we were afraid of the weather. It'd been pretty cold leading up to the race weekend and we were concerned about swimming in the lake without a wetsuit. We went to pick up our packets on Saturday and had a chance to get in the water to test it out. It was pretty cold but bearable. Of course, that was at 12pm and the race started at 7:30am. Fortunately for us, it wasn't too bad on race day. I jumped in and was freaked and it ended up being okay. It must have warmed up the day before or something. It felt warmer than when we jumped in on Saturday. 800 meters is a REALLY long way. I was exhausted after getting out of the water and I still had to ride and run. But, I persevered!



Tom, me and Jeff - pre-race.





Me, on the dock, about to jump in the water. Attractive stance there, Jen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I think you will have to get used to the fact that you are insane!