Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Supercross Saturday

It was Supercross Saturday! Larry, Barbie, Tomas and I went the Death Star on Saturday to watch some motorcycle crashes! I have never been to a Supercross race before and I actually had lots of fun. There were tons of crashes which I enjoyed....even one right in front of us where the guy was jumping around after crashed. We think he broke his wrist...ouch! Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and it was FREEZING walking to and from Jerry World.


The crew walking to the stadium...it was SO SO SO cold!






The view of track from our seats. Front row in the second section. Good Job Larry!


The smaller bikes racing, I think. There were two different size bikes...all I know is one was louder than the other. Couldn't tell you the difference between the two. Oh, I know! Bigger engine? Larry and Tom were the know-it-alls the entire night. Barbie and I just smiled and nodded.


The corner where most everyone crashed. First curve after the start line. 95% of the bikes would crash. It was greatness!



Our entertainment between the qualifying races and the finals. They did some great tricks, but only did about four jumps. Would have liked to see more....





You have to time it just right to get them in the air...I am awesome.



Oh, even better, Jen!! I am a great photographer!





When we left the stadium, it was a blizzard outside!!!! I thought ahead and brought a hat and scarf (which I unselfishly shared with Barbie)



Overall, we had a great time and are ready for more. I now want to see an entire competition of just the crazy jumping. When is that?










1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great smiling/cold picture of the two of us. I really enjoyed Supercross too.