Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patty's Day Tri for Senor




I've created a monster. Because of my craziness with athletic crap, I've turned Tom into a crazy person, too. He even did a triathlon by himself because nobody else wanted to do one this early in the year. I enjoyed being a spectator this time. I need to be that person more often! He did the same tri that we did in October, but, it was St. Patrick's Day themed instead of Halloween. He beat his time from the last one so he was excited. Not exciting? The hour wait before he got to start his swim and the 40 degree weather outside. But, he rocked it! Crazy-boy says "One down, five to go." Yep, you heard that right...he wants to do six triathlons THIS year. I'll say it again...I've created a monster.





That's him in the middle lane. He beat his old time by an entire minute. For those who don't swim - that's great!




Freezing his booty after the pool.





Leaving for the 12 mile bike ride.





Coming back in from the ride. I only saw one guy fall from not unclipping his shoes before stopping.







And, he's off for the run! He wanted me to point out how he is "flying" because he's not touching the ground in this photo.







Heading to the finishline. Run Tommy Run!!








His biggest fan...staying nice and warm.








5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm awesome!!!

elizabeth said...

And I would like to point out how humble Tom is. :) But congrats, Tom--6 triathlons is awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow he was flying in that photo!

RobinBrant said...

This post would only be better if you were wearing a snuggie in your picture at the bottom.

Megan said...

I agree Robin, a cammo snuggie at that. Way to go Tom and Jen, you're a trooper!