Monday, May 18, 2009

Geez, not again.

I distinctly remember saying "no running in 2009". How is it that I am ignored and harped on until I cave? Sigh.

I am doing a Sprint Triathlon in July. Yes, swimming, biking, and RUNNING in JULY. What the heck am I thinking???

A few friends (and sister who always gets me into trouble) and I are competing in the Disco Triathlon on July 19th at Lake Ray Roberts in Denton. Here is what I have to do:

500 yard swim
17.6 mile bike ride
3.1 mile run

Sounds short, right? I've been in swim training mode for about a week and my fellow triathlon-ers and I have discovered that swimming is EXHAUSTING. And, it's first on the list. I am going to have to drag myself out of the lake and on to a bike, then switch to running. UGH.

Here's the big issue: I have to swim in a lake...gross. You can't see where you're going and I'm probably going to get kicked in the head by my fellow competitors. Plus, I hear that swimming in a pool is a breeze to swimming in "open water". Awesome, I'm going to drown.

I'm such a positive person sometimes. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

And somehow you two sisters usually talk me into these things too. I think I picked the wrong workout buddy.

elizabeth said...

Yep, you are CRAZY. Maybe since it's close I can come cheer you on. Because you know I'm sure as heck not participating. :)

The Yates Family said...

That does not sound fun at all

RobinBrant said...

You know I don't like it when you do things you don't want to do. But I will support you anyway.

Anonymous said...

A tri so much better than some marathon. Trust me you will have a good time doing it.

:) I promise not to kick you in the head if I'm ahead of you.