Monday, June 7, 2010

Definitions.....

According to Dictionary.com:

Stupidity: the state, quality, or fact of being stupid.

Whiplash: a neck injury caused by a sudden jerking backward, forward, or both, of the head.


According to Me:

Stupidity: buying rollerblades and thinking "I can do this, no problem."

Whiplash: the result of hitting the ground so hard when trying said rollerblading. Good thing, I wore a helmet.





Yep, pulled the trigger on those rollerblades. That was just dumb. Kris and I decided we needed to try a new exercise. We got the wrist, elbow, and knee pads....already had the helmet from bike riding. I do have to say this...Kris fell first! Does that help me any? It does make me feel better. You know, I couldn't rollerskate very well when I was young so I'm not sure what made me think that rollerblading would be a snap. I mean, I didn't think it'd be super easy, but, come on! I completely suck on these things!

We headed to a trail near Kris's house on Sunday morning. Before we got to the end of her street, she busts it. I'm not sure what happened as I was looking down so I missed it. But, she was able to get back up and keep going. We made it to the parking lot near the trail....we decided to blade around it a couple of times to get comfortable. I made it around twice and was trying a turn to slow down when the incident happened. One second I was up...next second POW and on the ground. My feet flew out from underneath me and the back of my helmet hit the ground. Thank goodness for that helmet!! Unfortunately, my hit knocked my helmet forward which caused the front of the helmet to slam into my sunglasses which left quite the sore spot on my nose. But, I got back up and continued on!!!! According to Kris, she thinks that I made it 1 1/2 miles before calling it quits. That was plenty for my first time out. She did go 4 miles that heiffer. Next time, I will do better!!!


According to my readers:

Stupidity: continuing to rollerblade after my first experience with them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is, oh dear.

RobinBrant said...

Will you please be careful with my sweet angel?