Sunday, July 19, 2009

I am a Triathlete.

Racheal, Kris, and me with our medals.



I rock. Just in case you didn't know. So do Kris, Racheal, Corrie, and Jeff. The triathlon was a success. By success, I mean we completed it. :) We don't need to discuss the 50 year old man who walked past me while I was "running". Or, the 67 year old woman who passed Kris on the biking portion.

Several people asked at the end of the race if I would be signing up for it next year. Uh, NO..or hell NO! Take your pick. First of all, don't ask me that question two minutes after I cross the finish line. I don't have the "joy" of crossing that finish line. It's more of relief that I don't have to swim, bike, or run a-n-y-m-o-r-e. You have to wait, at least, until my muscles stop quivering from fatigue. Geez. Honestly, I have no interest at this time to do another triathlon.

Swimming - not too bad. My heat was 4th to go and I wasn't kicked too badly. The water was warm which was kind of gross, but, I got through it pretty fast (I thought).

Biking - better than the practice tri from the week before. Unfortunately, my heart rate wouldn't calm down for the first 5 miles so that part was pretty tough to get through. Not sure if it was the adrenaline, the 5 hour energy, or the "Tired Legs" pills that Jeff gave me. I'm really glad that we went to the practice tri the week before so I was prepared for the hills.

Running - I HATE to run. The first mile was really hard and my calves felt like the were in knots. They finally calmed down enough for me to "run" (see beginning of the post to read again how fast I ran).

Enjoy!




Me, Corrie, and Kris before heading down to the beach.




Me and Kris - before the big start.




Me - after the successful swim.







Me and Kris - coming in from the 17 mile bike ride.







Kris - at the finishline.





Me - hobbling across the finishline.


4 comments:

The Yates Family said...

You go girl! Mad props to you. I would not be able to get through one leg of a triathalon.

RobinBrant said...

Yay! I am so proud of you, Ninny!

Megan said...

Look at you go! I would say that I can't belive you did this accept that I can :) So proud of you, congratualtions!

elizabeth said...

Awesome! But I predict you'll be signing up for some other crazy race soon. You love the torture!!!