Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Cowboys Stadium

Ginger and I got last minute tickets to attend the opening concert at the New Cowboys stadium in Arlington. All we heard prior to the concert was how bad traffic was going to be...it was easy. It took us one hour (including stopping at Sonic for food) to get from Garland to our seats. Parking was $40...eek. We parked at The Ballpark and walked (not far at all). The range of people was vast. You had the true rednecks and then the girls with babydoll dresses and "boots". It was great people-watching.

It was supposed to start with Julianne Hough, but, she called in sick. Who calls in sick when George asks you to play? Dumb girl. But, we got to see LeeAnn Womack instead. I like her even better. Truthfully, I've never heard a song that Julianne Hough sings so I don't know if I like her or not. Then, Blake Shelton....HOT. I think he was singing directly to me, sorry ladies who were there. He has that smouldering look down!

No words to describe Reba and George. They were just awesome. Reba sang "Fancy" as her encore. Poor Ginger had to listen to me yelling that song. It's my favorite. Sweet George was greatness. Near the beginning of his set, he had them open the retractable roof. It takes 12 minutes to open it fully. Of course, they were opening it when George said so. It's George!

The concert was great and I'm glad that we got to go. Thanks Megan and Christine for the excellent tickets!


This screen is HUGE. We pretty much just watched the screen the entire time.




It was a packed house!



LeeAnn Womack (she flew in and performed with less than 24 hrs notice)


Hot Hot Blake Shelton




Reba, in her red dress, singing Fancy





King George

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

So jealous! Of all the country concerts, I'm actually jealous you got to see George. I love him!! And can't wait to see inside the stadium...

Unknown said...

You got great pictures off that screen. Thanks for the picture of George.

Unknown said...

How could you not love George? I still daydream that I am his girlfriend in that movie of his and he comes down to the end of the stage and sings "cross my heart" to me! Sorry Chuck...

But Reba? Jen, I may have to disown you as a daughter. Soon you will be buying her line of old lady clothing at Dillards!