Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Confession Time...

I read an article today that said Dallas/Fort Worth is second in highest road rage. Now, I suffer from road rage now and again, but, it surprised me that we came in second...only after NYC. I've beenthere, those people are crazy!

My confession? After reading the article, I realized that I'm guilty of almost all the things that piss people off. I talk to my sister on my cell almost every day on my way home from work. Usually, some other family member or friend is calling me during that time so I'm going back/forth between the calls. I'm also a texting-driver. I try to only text while I'm sitting at a light, but, sometimes I'll answer a text while driving down 75. It's a terrible things to do and I can't help it. Many a meal has been eaten while driving down the highway, too. Um, have I mentioned (if you don't already know) that I drive a standard?

I rarely put on make up while driving, maybe lipstick or powder. Another one was shaving - I'm going to assume they were talking about men. I've never seen a woman with her leg up on the dash shaving away while driving (though, it could happen). The last one was reading - I've been guilty of flipping through magazines or my mail while at red lights, but, never while I'm driving.

But, if I see someone on the phone or looking down at a phone? Oh, hell NO. Definite cussing at them!

I'll apologize to everyone now - sorry for my cell-talking, texting, eating, lipstick applying ways!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've lived in the bay area, and southern CA...and hate to agree but the worst and meanest drivers are in Dallas. I love you and don't mind your lipstick ways though :) I've even done them all myself.

RobinBrant said...

You and I both, sister.