Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Telluride


View of Telluride from the top of the Gondola.


Tom and I went to Telluride last week with 10 of his friends for a short ski trip. Unfortunately, the slopes didn't get new snow for the previous 10 days so we only skied one day. The other day we rented snowmobiles and had a great time thinking we were bad-ass. Probably the entire weekend we were thinking that - just look at some of the pictures.



Tom and I at the top of one of the lifts.




Tom showing off his snowboarding skills in a jump area.




John, Tom, and Peter at the top of the mountain.


Tom cheesin' it during the snowmobile trek.
(This is now my favorite picture of him. I think it's hilarous.)



Tom and me on a break from our bad-ass snowmobiling riding.



The night before we left - the guys.

The group of guys that went have known each other for the past 20 years and had lots of stories and making fun of one another. They are also serious in their gaming. The ones who drove up brought projectors and screens to play Ghost Re-con and other car racing games. They even set it up where they could play against each other from different condos. I admit that I played one game.....but, it was Movie Scene-it. I may have even played it twice.

It was a great trip and I'm ready to go skiing again. I definitely recommend Telluride to visit, though, bring your credit cards. We went to lunch on the first day and a bowl of chili was $18!




3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun! I love that they came prepared to battle it out in video games.

RobinBrant said...

Okay, I seriously thought you and Tom were wearing matching ski jackets in the picture at the top. Scrolling down it became clear that you weren't, but I was very frightened there for a minute. I am so jealous of the snow mobiling. I think I would enjoy that, even if I would probably be freaked.

Megan said...

It looks like it was a great time! I'm with Robin, I thought the jackets were matching at first.