Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sandy White Beaches!

Tom and I jetted to Pensacola Beach for a few days last weekend. I've never been to a Florida beach and had no idea they had such nice beaches. We stayed right on the beach and I even got into the ocean! For those who don't know....I am afraid of fish. Sharks, yes. Fish, yes. Minnows...YES. I can't help it. Well, I sucked it up and waded into the ocean (I always made sure Tom was further out then me....shark would get him first).

We did have a CSI moment, though. We were walking down the beach and came across a "crime scene". Some snorkelers found some bones in the water! Personally, I believe it was the fish that killed someone wading in the water, but, the police say that it was not human remains.



Picture of the beach and our hotel from the pier.




Awesome self picture-taking, huh?




This short story will support my theory: we decided to sit at a beachside bar for a bit and have an icy beverage. I'm sitting there looking out at the massive ocean and I see fins. YES, fins! I mention it to Tom and he thinks it's the icy beverage messing with my head. A few minutes later, what does he see? Fins. He SAYS that it was dolphins, but, I am not a believer. There were sharks in the water and they were waiting for me to get back into the ocean to bite me. You cannot convince me otherwise.



You can't see it, but, there are sharks out there!!!



On our way to the airport, we stopped at the Pensacola Naval Base to look at their air museum. Pretty much it was a monstrous warehouse with as many planes and helicopters they could possibly cram into it.

Kidding aside, it was pretty cool seeing some of the old planes. I have no idea how some of them made it up in the air. Below are some photos of museum.











Tom was very intrigued by this plane.
They had mannequins to show where everyone would sit/work.

3 comments:

Megan said...

It looks beautiful! I told the sharks you would be testing the waters just to freak you out. Glad to see it worked :)

elizabeth said...

I love how the picture of the "fins" is taken at least a mile back. Were you afraid if you even zoomed in the sharks would get you?? :)

Looks like you guys had a blast!

RobinBrant said...

I understand your fear of sharks. That's why I am afraid of Florida beaches. I didn't get in when we were in Florida either. Looks like pretty beaches, though!