Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All I do is love you and then this.....

Tivo, how I love you. I still remember that autumn day in 2003 when you first arrived at the apartment in Addison. How excited Robin and I were - tearing open the box and trying to figure out how to hook up the cords (it's all very complicated...wall cord to cable box to tivo to dvd player to tv). Then, the wonderful "beep-beep" noises. Yes, I've had my tivo for 5 years and I still will not turn off the noise...that's how much I love it.


Then, in 2005, I got another tivo so that I could have one just for my room. I had a new roommate and didn't know if her TV watching was as crazy as mine. I didn't want to chance a "someone in your home deleted this recording" episode. I am very protective of my tivo. Little did I know, Megan loved most of my shows, plus introduced me to more. Oh, Gilmore Girls, I only had you for two seasons.

In 2006, my newest tivo decided to stop working (luckily it was in the summer and I had kept up with shows so I didn't lose much). Tivo sent me a new "dual recording" tivo. Hello! I could record two shows at once!!! Plus, I still have the single recording tivo in my bedroom. That's three shows!! Holy crap! I was recording everything!


This past year, I have really fallen off the wagon on keeping up with the shows. I'm embarrassed by some shows that I've had on my tivo that I still haven't watched. I reached the one year mark on the last four episodes of Rescue Me. They've been sitting on the tivo just waiting for me to watch them. I even watched all the minisodes that have been on all summer, but, can't gear up for the other four full one-hour episodes.

Fall season premiere is starting soon and I started writing down all the returning shows that I'm planning on tivoing, plus all the new shows that I want to see. FYI, I am all over "Fringe". It's JJ Abrams and I loved Alias and still love Lost.

Here's why I am upset: this whole "digital" craziness that everyone has to go to in February of 2009. Verizon FIOS decided to go early to all digital to make sure their customers are set. Apparently, when it goes to all digital - tivo's dual recording no longer works. WHAT?!@#?!
Yes, that's right. I am now down to only recording one show at a time. What am I going to do? I've got: Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, HIMYM, Samantha Who?, Heroes, Chuck, Lost, Scrubs, ER (I've stuck by it since the beginning, not giving it up now), Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, Rescue Me, Oprah, Ellen, Daily Show, Colbert, Letterman, Conan, Fringe, Bonnie Hunt Show (new show and I love her), and whatever else that I've left off the list!! Now, I have to prioritize and I don't like it!

Why tivo? Why Verizon?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh no, this could be huge. When will you be sending out the fall guide to us by the way...I need to know the new shows to watch and when they are on. You are my lifeline for that.

Robin Brant said...

Poor Ninny. I am sorry for your loss.

elizabeth said...

And what about all the shows that you have to record for me?? Your Tivo is my Tivo...right?