Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bike Riding + Mud = what do you think?


Let me tell you this: you should never ride bikes with someone who has a mountain bike and you have a road bike. They do NOT understand slick tires. I have no traction on my tires, people! My bike is for roadways only. I thought that was what we were going to do today. Unfortunately, after the rain this morning, the trail was not clean and dry.

About a mile and half into the ride was when it happened...let me set the scene. We were coming around a lake/pond where there were people feeding the ducks and walking around on the path. I was following Tom and coming around the corner. He sees a couple walking on the path and attempts to go around them. His back tire slips so he slows down and gets back behind the couple. He didn't tell me that he was slowing down so I either had to hit him or try and go around. I chose to go around...my mistake. I went straight into the mud and went down. As my fellow bike riders will tell you, it's hard to stop a fall and if you're clipped in, you are cooked. Thankfully, I had a helmet on because my head did quite the bounce on the ground. I did smash my sunglasses into my nose. The mud broke my fall so I didn't end up with road rash, but, I had mud everywhere. Being the trooper that I am, I continued the ten mile ride (as I have said before, I am awesome).

When we finished, Tom could barely get his shoes off before running into the house to get the camera so we would have a permanent reminder of this.


Enjoy!





















3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Literally covered head to toe in mud. You ARE awesome! But glad Tom was smart enough to grab the camera...hehe... :)

Megan said...

Oh Jen. I am so gld you had a helmet on! The pictures are priceless.

Unknown said...

I love the mud photos!