Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun-filled Weekend

My best friend from college, Marly, and her son came in for the weekend. Marly lives in The Woodlands and hadn't seen the new house yet (is it still new? I've lived there almost an entire year).

I invited a few friends over Friday night for tacos and beer. Larry, Barbie and Tom brought beer, so, we were all entertained for the evening. Marly and I also entertained with stories from Nacogdoches and college. My sister brought my nephew, Colin, to play with Marly's son, Christopher, so that we could all have adult time. The entire weekend consisted of both boys not remembering each other's names and saying, "What's that boy's name?" and "When are we going to play together again?" It was too cute.

Saturday consisted of mani/pedis at the awesome Beauty Times and lunch at Chick-fil-A...yum! FYI, if you're trying to eat healthier, Chick-Fil-A has the best fruit - no melons! It's strawberries, grapes, and apples. I hate ordering fruit as a side dish and all it contains is cantalope and melon. Yuck! Then, it was play time in the pool. Colin now has zero fear of swimming. He had his water wings on and matched Christopher with jumping in the pool and swimming like a fish. I didn't get a picture of the two of them swimming, but, here is one of Christopher acting silly:


Marly also made some awesome poolside beverages. It consisted of real peaches, frozen lemonade and vodka. Now, I know my earlier post eluded to vodka not being your friend the next day, but, I had to try it. I mean peaches and lemonade...YUM! It was quite refreshing for the 105 degree heat.

Saturday night, we went to dinner with Marly's brother in Coppell. Christopher took this picture of Marly and me - so, it's a little blurry.



Here's one of Tom and me while at dinner:


Sunday was strictly pool time. Marly had a three hour drive back to Houston, so, we played outside in the pool for 2 1/2 hours to get Christopher all tuckered out before putting him in the car for the drive home. It was great seeing Marly and sweet Christopher and I can't wait to hang out again soon...not 7 months from now like what happened this past time. Not acceptable!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

thanks for the chick-fil-a tip! I hate melon! Melon must be cheap because it is always in fruit salads! Love me some non-melon fruit salad!

Robin Brant said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

elizabeth said...

Quit hating on the melons. I love cantaloupe and watermelon. But I love waffle fries even more so I will probably never try the fruit salad.

Miss you! And miss your pool. :)