Monday, May 12, 2008

Beer + Trampoline = Someone getting hurt




Oh, trampolines. How you hurt us.


Did we miss in every episode of Funniest Home Videos, the many people flying off trampolines and hurting themselves? Apparently so.


Let's go back to Friday night: I'm having a few beers with friends and we end up at one of their homes. Judy and Mike have a twelve year old daughter, so, it's okay for them to have a trampoline in their backyard. Not okay? Judy bouncing around on the trampoline after those few beers. We're all sitting on the patio, half-heartedly telling her that she really shouldn't be jumping on it. Of course, it happens...she does one bounce too many and falls down. She didn't fall off, but, her arm did go through the springs section. She just bounces back up and continues to jump. A few minutes later, she casually says, "Oh, my arm is bleeding." We all jump into action. We get her inside where she has a lovely scrape from wrist to elbow where she went through the spring. Judy says, just to throw some band-aids on it and she'll be okay. We're all thinking she may need a couple of stitches and a tetanus shot. But, she's pretty adamant so we just throw some band-aids on her and go back outside.


Does this stop others from jumping on the trampoline? No...there I go, on the trampoline to jump around. Though, I'm going to be smart about it, of course. I was doing fine until Tom decided to get up there, too. After fingers on both hands being stepped on....I finally realized that I am not meant for the trampoline. Sigh.


I have officially retired from trampoline jumping...well, until I'm around another one and it calls my name.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Oh Jen. Thanks for this laugh on a Monday morning. :)